Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Eldoret, Kenya

So I’ve been meaning to post in my blog ever since I got to Kenya, but unfortunately, the internet hasn’t been working so I’ve been saving up a lot of stuff to post.

I’ve currently in Eldoret, Kenya doing a medical student exchange program through the IU-Kenya program. (Link: http://www.iukenya.org/mission.html ) Essentially, I’m here for 2 months working on the inpatient wards at Moi University School of Medicine (MUSOM) and working with the Kenyan medical students. I’m going to be living at the MUSOM student hostel (I moved in and then moved out because of something unfortunate that I will go into shortly).

So much has happened; honestly I don’t know where to begin. This is what I get for procrastinating as usual.

The first week, I pretty much spent traveling around with my parents, which was a lot of fun. Amazingly, we didn't fight to much, but I would say that after 5 days of safaris I felt very exhausted. I might try to do some catch-up posts on that, but mostly, I will just post some pictures.

I got to Eldoret and found out that I would be staying at the IU house until all of the medical students got here so that we could all move over together. Now that I've been to the hostel, I will make sure to give you some great photos of the way that the students in Kenya live... definitely very different from us.

Today was a bad day for me, but rather than starting my blog with a depressing story, I think I'm going to think about it overnight and get back to it.

So instead, I'll leave you with a cute picture of baby lions:

2 comments:

S.T.Butterfly35 said...

Simba, is that you??

Anonymous said...

Lol "5 days of safaris." Holy crap, girl! That does sound exhausting. And awesome. I can't wait to see the rest of your pics. Sorry to hear your day didn't start out well. :( I hope it didn't involve bugs. o_O

The first week or so (sometimes the whole time) while traveling far away is always a whirlwind. So much happens in such little time that I feel like more time has passed than it really did. Weird feeling, huh?

:)