Saturday, August 6, 2005

Acknowledgements

I would like to acknowledge all the people who helped me with my data collection of the Monteverde population: Gina Rozinka, Mary Oppold, Stephanie Place, Kent Melchiors, Nathaniel Talbot, and Carlos Guindon. An appreciative hug goes to Alan Masters who provided the entire San Gerardo population. I am still astounded by his thoughtfulness and generosity. Without all of you, I would not have smelled like hydrogen cyanide for a week. Thank you to Javier Méndez and Carlos Guindon for all of your professorly advice and explanations of statistics. For helping me with my spur of the moment questions throughout the process, I appreciate all the help that my teaching assistants, Maria Jost and Nathaniel Talbot, provided. Plus, they danced around the station and made me smile. Also, they made sure that I didn’t measure my millipedes in millipedes. Additionally, everyone was amazing in their efforts for trying to figure out the taxonomic information of the San Gerardo population of millipedes. The support of all my fellow CIEE students helped me get through the exhilarating process of the scientific method, and the group wallowing alleviated my problems more than I could have ever imagined. Thanks to telepathy, I was able to understand all my good times with my friend Meg Smith, without whom, I would be lost in Costa Rica. I will never be able to forget the concern of la familia Cruz Solís of my plight of finding a large sample size. It was wonderful to come home to such kind people. And, of course, thank you to the staff at La Estación Biológica Monteverde for the Costa Rican brewed coffee that always made my day and night.


therefore, i am done with my paper and life is good, despite my splitting headache.

AHHHHHHH! FINALS WEEK! ecology final on tuesday. start studying today :(

Current Music: something and meg's paper printing

No comments: